Abasyn University offers admission on open merit basis. There is no quota system followed at the University. The eligibility mentioned below must be fulfilled by the candidate at the time of submitting application. All candidates for undergraduate programs who are eligible for admission will be required to appear in the entry test arranged by the University (NTS test results are also acceptable in lieu of university entry test).
Admissions to various programs are announced through national news papers and social media well before the date of the entry test. All applications for admission are accepted on prescribed forms with attested photocopies of all the previously obtained Degrees/Certificates/DMCs, and any other document mentioned in the application form attached to the Prospectus.
Admission is based upon careful review of all credentials presented by the applicant. These applications will be considered without regard to race, gender, age, religion, marital status, physical disabilities, and national origin. All required admission documents should be submitted to the Office of Admissions. The University reserves the right to change its admissions policy without prior notice
BE Electrical Engineering (BEEE)
The candidate must have 60% or above marks in Intermediate (pre-engineering) or equivalent to apply for admission to the BE Electrical Engineering program:
BE Civil Engineering (BECE)
The candidate must have 60% or above marks in Intermediate (pre-engineering) or equivalent to apply for admission to the BE Civil Engineering program.
Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm–D)
The candidate must have 60% or above marks in Intermediate (pre-medical) or equivalent to apply for admission to the Pharm–D program.
The candidate must have one of the following qualifications with an overall 2nd division or equivalent grade.
For the Bachelor’s Program
- Intermediate with certain required courses according to the chosen discipline of study
- For the A-levels students the following criteria applies:
- 3 Full credit courses of A Levels.
- Students will be required to produce equivalency certificate from Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC) within two months of the admission offer.
Selection criteria and weightages:
- Matric : 10%
- Intermediate : 50%
- Entry test, NTS or any aptitude test : 40%
For the Master’s Program
- The candidate should have passed 4 year Bachelor’s* degree from any recognized university with certain required courses according to the chosen discipline of study. (for example for admission to MS in Electrical Engineering - a 4 year BSc Electrical Engineering).
- The candidates are required to provide NTS General TEST result with a minimum cumulative score of 50 percent, within the first two semesters after enrollment. The admission office provides guidance how to take NTS examination.
For Standing Admissions
All potential students applying for transfer of credits must have been enrolled in an HEC recognized institution. Furthermore, they are required to fulfill and complete all admissions requirements for their respective programs. The following criteria will be used to assess the Academic eligibility of transfer students:
- Duly completed Transfer of Credit form.
- Mark sheets/transcripts of current and previous academic work
- Course outlines for all courses that a student wants to be transferred to the university.
- No objection certificate from the previous institution of enrollment.
- All potential candidates are required to take the Admission examination, unless they are transferring from another campus of Abasyn University.
- According to the university policy students must complete at least half of the program to get a degree.
- No credit hour of a course will be transferred if the grade is less than C for undergraduate/Master of 16 year and B for Master/MPhil programs.
The fee for the application packet i.e. Rs. 500/- can be paid in cash if collected in person. If requested by post the fee should be sent in the form of a bank draft or pay order in the name of Abasyn University. Application can be downloaded from official Website of Abasyn University (www.abasyn.edu.pk). Application can be filled and submitted online as well. However students are required to bring their required documents on the day of test/interview. Application must be submitted before the deadline fixed by the University.
Required Documents with application
The following documents are required to be submitted along with the Admission Application Form:
- Completed Admission application form.
- Mark sheets of all previously completed academic work.
- If a candidate has completed previous academic work from another education system, an Equivalence Certificate from the Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC) is required within two months of the admission offer.
- 4 Passport size photographs.
- Copy of Computerized National Identity Card / Form B.
Abasyn University arranges its own entry test to make sure that the quality of intake is the best. However, the university also accepts NTS, TOEFL, IELTS test scores for the admission in the replacement of its own entry test. The admissions test covers the following areas:
- Logic and Analytical
Abasyn University provides students with all the necessary examination stationary, thus students don’t need to bring anything along with them.